Friday, April 16, 2010

Recommended Reading

One of my beloved mentors, Melissa Pritchard, has an article in this month's O magazine on embedding with female soldiers in Afghanistan. I bought my copy at Tattered Cover, the great indie bookstore in Denver. Oh how I love a great indie bookstore.

Also, you can read my short-short "A Boy on the Back of His Mother's Bicycle" in the latest, and last issue, of Isotope. A lot of literary magazines that are dependent on university funding are in trouble...if there are journals you want to keep around (especially if you dream of publishing in them), put your money where your hopes are. Now.

And the 2010 fiction issue of the Atlantic is online.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to spend whole weekends at the Tattered Cover! I'm so glad you got to check it out!-I.Z.